For the preparation of a collaborative interdisciplinary research project, the Institute of Biology and the Institute of Psychology of the University of Osnabrück invite applications for a
Scientific Research Assistant
(Salary: 13 TV-L, 50 %)
The position is available on a part-time (50 %) basis at the earliest time-point and covers 3 years.
The main task is to work on a collaborative grant proposal addressing „Psychological and biological aspects of explicit and implicit memory under environmental and habitual constraints: a translational perspective“ via both, organizational work and own interdisciplinary empirical work.
Description of responsibilities:
- Substantial active contribution during preparation of the above-listed interdisciplinary grant proposal, involving research groups from the Faculty of Biology and Psychology, specifically: Institute of Biology: Neurobiology: R. Brandt/ L. Bakota; Behavioral Biology: C. Touma. Institute of Psychology: Experimental Psychology I: T. Gruber; Differential Psychology and Personality Research, R. Osinsky; and Experimental Psychology II and Biological Psychology: U. Stockhorst
- Designing, conducting and publishing of own empirical work in the interdisciplinary setting, while working at both institutes, Biology and Psychology
- Organizational and management duties supporting the collaborative efforts of the research groups mentioned above
- The successful candidate is expected to work towards a PhD or – in case of Postdoc position – towards further scientific qualification within the interdisciplinary setting:
- Master´s degree, diploma, or doctoral dissertation in Biology, Psychology, Cognitive Science or a comparable discipline
- Strong interest in research questions in the intersection of experimental and biologicallyorientated Psychology and neurobiological/behavioral Biology, and interest in science management
- Strong methodological expertise in animal and/or human studies covering electrophysiology, and/or endocrinology, and/or behavioral paradigms.
- Strong expertise in data analysis (including statistics) and eventually programming
- Excellent competence in scientific English
Osnabrück University has been certified as a family-friendly university committed to helping working/studying parents and carers balance their family and work life.
The university aspires to ensure equal opportunities for men and women and strives to work towards a gender balance in schools or departments where new appointments are made.
If equally qualified candidates apply, preference will be given to those with special needs.
Applications with the usual documents should be submitted electronically (one pdf file) to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org and have to arrive no later than November 9th, 2017. We are looking forward to receive your application.
For further information, please feel free to contact Prof. Dr. Ursula Stockhorst (email@example.com).